Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 66: Draw Bridge Thuroghfare


I drive this bridge at least twice a day - often more - and though I have known it is a drawbridge, I have never been on route and stopped while it was raised. In fact, just a few days ago I was thinking how interesting it was that this had never happened (as I drive it many different times of day depending on my schedule). Well, what do you know! This morning on my way to work, I joined these other vehicles on the bridge while we waited for the ship to pass through.

In some ways, it is pretty amazing to me that THIS particular bridge is a draw bridge, as this Burnside Street - one of the major thuroughfares that stretches from far East Portland to far West Portland. It is always full of car and bike activity.  Once the bridge was lowered, cars, bikes and pedestrians poured across it. I wish I could have made a video of all the bikers!

No comments:

Post a Comment