Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 18: Apples For Sale

Apples for Sale
I feel like this photo is so representative of Portland. So many people have large gardens ... or, in this case, have friends with orchards! I frequently see home-made signs for produce for sale. It's usually organic and it's usually cheaper than the market price. What a deal!!

The friendly gentleman who made this sign (as I had to check out these apples) was probably around 80 and had boxes of apples and tomatoes. The apples were from a friend's orchard and were for sale. The tomatoes were his own and he wasn't selling them - he makes tomato juice ... but he threw in a few delicious looking tomatoes "because I was so pretty". Ha! I love it.

He also made cedar planter boxes. I wished that I had more cash on me to buy a couple big ones, but I did buy one smaller one that will be perfect for planting kale - which I plan to do in the next couple of days.

I have his card. He also makes wishing wells!!!  What a great find!

No comments:

Post a Comment