Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 2: Fall's First Rain

Evidence of last night's rain - left on my swiss chard

I have been told of Portland's rain. Rain and rain and rain..... However, since I moved here in the summer, I have been spoiled these last 3 months with sunshine and warmth. I knew better than to take it for granted - soaked it up with gratitude daily. Even Labor Day weekend was sunny and warm .... we're spoiled, I know!

However, last night showed us that fall is on it's way. We awoke to a damp layer covering everything as far as the eye could see. The sky was cloudy, though not completely gray and the air was chilly.

This leaf of Swiss Chard held on to those sweet raindrops while other plants had already let them slip away. I think she was happy to have a break from the dry heat!  The sky in the background is gray, but still there is light coming through.

The day warmed up and there were no more drops from the sky ..... but this morning was a reminder of what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment