Saturday, September 8, 2012

Portland, A Year in Pictures - my motivation

Welcome!

I initially had the idea to do "a  photo a day" from a friend of mine who is teaching English in Korea. He does the same on social media and it has been fun to see many different sides and angles of Korea and also watch his photography skills improve throughout the year (I think he's about 2/3 of the way finished now). He encouraged me to copy his idea and thus, here I am.

I moved to Portland a couple months ago and find this city to be a wonderful complex place with many many hidden (or not so hidden) treasures. My second motivation in turning this idea into a blog is to get to know Portland as I go along. My intention is not just to snap photos, capture moments. My intention is to learn fun, interesting bits about this wonderful city as I snap each picture. They eye of a photographer or artist sees so much more than most people notice day to day. I want to maintain and grow this trait in myself so that I continue to explore my new home.

Thank you for coming for a visit - and I hope for continuing to take this journey with me. If you have suggestions for places to find an funny, meaningful, historical or simply impromptu photo, please feel free to leave a comment.

And now, grabbing my camera and starting the journey......!!!!

(Yes, I have taken all these photos and they are my property - please ask before re-using. Thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment